At TransferWise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to join our growing team in New York. The role is a unique opportunity to be one of the key members behind our expansions in the US and Canadian markets, helping millions more potential customers save money by using TransferWise.
We launched TransferWise in the US in 2014 and in Canada in 2016 and since then our amazing team has been taking things to brand new heights for our customers. But there’s still lots of potential to grow and many problems to solve. Things like, how do we make the majority of our payments instant or introduce cheaper and more convenient ways to fund international transfers?
If you’ve previously worked with data in products for the North American market and you’re looking for a career-defining opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on customers, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doingYou’ll be embedded in the North America team, helping to provide the best possible experience for TransferWise customers in the US and Canada using our products, driving changes that impact our KPIs, reduce costs, increase payment speeds, and improve convenience. You will be working with people across roles, from product managers to engineers to operational teams to build a stellar experience for our customers. You will also be the go-to person for anything data related in the team, empowering them to be more data-driven.
Also as a part of the wider analytics team, you’ll get to collaborate on cross-team projects and help TransferWise become more data-driven as a whole.
At TransferWise, everyone gets a ton of freedom and autonomy. We won’t be micromanaging or looking over your shoulder, so you’ll need to:
- Collaborate with the product team to understand, prioritise and solve the problems you’ve discovered in data
- Turn solid insights into problems-to-be-solved, and be the voice of the customer in your product team
- Rigorously fine tune our models to ensure we are causing least inconvenience to our good customers, while keeping the bad ones at bay
- Monitor the impact of features your team has launched and set the direction of your team’s future roadmap
- Empower and build capacity among team members to be more data driven and automate processes and reports to improve efficiency
- Be an important part of quarterly planning sessions, helping set a strategy and vision for how your team builds the best product
The experience you’ll need
- You’ll have 3+ years’ experience of working as a data analyst, preferably in a tech company with product managers and engineers
- You are proficient in SQL
- You have an aptitude and willingness to develop analytical superpowers in Python, machine learning, and other areas of data expertise
- You can operate with minimal direction, and are strong at structuring your approach to data analysis
- You can break down core problems into smaller chunks and are comfortable making assumptions to get to conclusions
- You are a clear and structured written and oral communicator
- You have knowledge of payment platforms, foreign exchange, regulated industries, and highly complex systems
- You have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
- You have a proven track record of solving messy problems with an 80/20 impact
- You’ve worked across teams and functions communicating your findings in an understandable way for all
- You know your way around the infrastructure of analytics and have worked with cloud warehouses (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift)
- You have knowledge of BI tools (e.g. Looker, Periscope, or Metabase) and/or visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI or Tableau)
Some of your benefits…This is a full-time position with our growing North America team and our scaling office in New York City. All of our full-time employees are eligible for our great benefits, including:
- Competitive package including salary, stock options, and company matches to a 401k plan
- Generous vacation policy, including an all-expenses-paid company holiday in Europe and paid sabbatical after a certain period of time in the company
- Travel to and work with teams in our UK and European offices
- Peace of mind with terrific medical, dental, and vision plans alongside family leave
- Many social events, including team lunches on Friday
P.S. Qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got a great portfolio, and you’re top-notch at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d also love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.