DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences business is a world leader delivering innovative and sustainable solutions across food, health, pharma and biotech industries encompassing approximately 70 manufacturing locations, 20 Application Centers and 10 Global R&D Centers. With annual revenues exceeding 6B, we are a global, diverse and inclusive winning team of more than 10,000 employees based in more than 50 countries. Benefitting from our diversity in nationalities, gender, educational and personal backgrounds, we are joint in our ambition to bring solutions to the world which enable a more sustainable and healthy world!
Learn more about our Featured solutions here:
For your awareness, DuPont has announced their intent to merge Nutrition and Biosciences (N&B) business, which you are joining, with International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) company with an anticipated closing date in the first quarter of 2021. At closing, you will become an employee of the newly merged company.
The Mechanical Engineer - Contract Administrator is responsible for site mechanical engineering support, contract administration, and facility management.The Engineer reports to the Manufacturing Technology Lead.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to core value action items, plant operations, maintenance, capital projects, facilities, and technical problem solving.Evaluate, propose, design, direct, and install equipment, systems, and technologies in support of manufacturing.
- Interpret and execute company standards, policies and procedures.Maintain and provide the site conditions to be utilized by all contractors and service providers.
- Collaborate with internal and external engineering colleagues to fulfill company initiatives, divisional goals, and site opportunities.
- Generate and submit purchase requisitions for material and labor requirements.Manage purchase orders to completion, modifying orders as required and confirming invoice submission.
- Participate in the Contract Administration network, providing information, receiving training, attending conferences, and carrying out the objectives of the CA organization.
- Assist in the process of contractor selection, development of scopes of work, job estimates, and shutdown schedules.
- Provide functional responsibility for Field Contract Administrators (FCA’s) on site.Oversee and train Field Contract Administrators in all aspects of contractor management at the site.
- Implement the six-step process for contractor safety including contractor prequalification/variance process, bid package & site conditions scope development, managing the bid cycle and contract award process with sourcing, providing and documenting contractor safety orientation with the SHE professional, auditing contractor training including home office audits, coordination of work in the field including safety audits, JSA audits, Lifting Plans and the work permit process.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and DuPont safety requirements, and managing the post job evaluation process. Assisting with contractor injury management and incident investigations.
- Ensure supplier compliance to all aspects of contract terms, including safety, quality, delivery, and pricing.
- Utilize the SAP Management system for requisition input, PO management, and invoice posting.
- Write and/or maintain policies, procedures and plans affecting plant operations.
- Provide night and weekend on-call availability for answering questions and providing guidance to maintenance and operational personnel.
- Incumbent should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.Experience in a project, maintenance, or manufacturing assignment is desirable.
- Pursuit of an advanced degree or professional engineer's license is encouraged.
Competencies Utilized in this Position:
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.