Title: End-to-end System Researcher – Bell Labs
About Nokia Bell Labs
Over its nearly 100-year history, Nokia Bell Labs has invented many of the foundational technologies that underpin information and communication networks and all digital devices and systems. This research has resulted in nine Nobel Prizes, four Turing Awards, three Japan Prizes and a plethora of National Medals of Science and Engineering, as well three Emmys, two Grammys and an Oscar for technical innovations. Nokia Bell Labs continues to conduct disruptive research focused on solving the challenges of the new digital era and innovating the technology that will define the next industrial revolution.
Nokia Bell Labs is looking for end-to-end network system researcher who will conduct practical system design research, lead the development of innovative solutions for network slicing and automation, distributed cloud automation, and/or 5G architectures, and contribute to Center of Excellence in Murray Hill, N.J. Successful candidate is expected to have deep knowledge, expertise and experience in two or more of the following areas:
- End-to-end 5G Network Architecture, Systems and Network Slicing
- End-to-end Service and Network Orchestration
- Cloud and Network Automation
- Cloud-native Network Functions and Applications
- Open Source project, e.g., ONAP
- Identify ambitious and impactful research
- Design and fast-prototype new ideas, leveraging Nokia solutions and open source software, targeting proof-of-concept implementations that leads to future in-production deployments.
- Help commercialize the innovations in collaboration with Nokia products and solutions teams
- Collaborate across Bell Labs and cultivate external collaborations with other leading research labs/institutions
- File patents to protect intellectual property
- Publish research results in top tier conferences and journals
- PhD in Computer Science and Engineering or related fields
- Deep knowledge of telecommunications networks
- Extensive hands-on and programming experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with peer researchers and developers, ideally across multiple work cultures
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be proactive
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.