The Part-time Social Media Specialist is a new role that supports the growth and optimization of regional social media accounts, to assist with market coverage during transitions. You will work with Yelp’s social media team as you handle the day-to-day management and growth of two local social media presences, with a focus on Instagram.
Yelp’s social landscape includes 300+ national and local handles across North America. In this role, you will elevate the local social media presence of two different local social media accounts. You should be a self-starter, who is able to use Yelp to find and identify local trends, understand the locale and execute content and engagements on Community Manager’s behalf.
This is a 6-month, part-time remote contract based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will create, execute and schedule social content to amplify team goals, while growing channels and engagement
- You will handle community management and engagement strategies for market’s channels and work with the CS team for support, as needed
- You will ensure markets are leveraging social best practices.
- You will identify trends and conversations in the markets for content creation opportunities
- You will report to the Social Media Manager
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or relevant professional experience
- You have 2+ years of direct, hands-on experience supporting B2C social properties in a corporate environment
- You have experience with social media copywriting and asset coordination for multiple accounts
- You have experience with community management
- You are incredibly organized are creative at heart with the ability to contribute to social media content
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this job