Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
The position is in the Biomarkers and Clinical Bioanalyses (BCB) group in Translational Medicine and Early Development (TMED). BCB group is a multidisciplinary platform collaborating with all therapeutic areas principally from preclinical phases. The main missions of this platform are to support biomarker evaluations and other clinical bioanalyses from preclinical stage to the clinics.
As Medical Pathologist in Biomarkers and Clinical Bioanalyses (BCB) group, your main responsibilities will consist in supporting the BCB group in the domains of diagnostic pathology, immunohistochemistry (IHC) interpretation and histological image analysis for the purpose of developing innovative and safe drugs intended for human use.
The position will be based in Paris area, in the immunohistochemistry group, Centre of Excellence in BCB.
- Medical pathology support of the BCB group in the domains of diagnostic pathology and immunohistochemistry: control of human bio specimens, pathological interpretation, peer review (H&E and IHC), IHC validation study, image annotation for image analysis purposes.
- As part of pathological activities in clinical trials, participation in the choice of subcontractors, in the design and monitoring of studies in subcontracting laboratories, in the review of plans and reports, in the peer review of the results.
- Technological watch in its field of activity and maintenance of a high level of expertise in the field of pathology via the bibliography, scientific meetings, continuing education and exchanges.
- Participation in project teams/ biomarker sub-teams and coordination of the biomarker analyses and result delivery.
- Prepare and perform frequent presentations of findings in oral and written format.
- Participate in the Translational Medicine Networks.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.D. degree from an accredited medical school; Board Certification or Board eligibility in Pathology will be a plus.
- A Ph.D. in pathology, digital pathology, molecular biology and subspecialty training in molecular genetics as well as a high expertise Immunology will be appreciated.
- Complete understanding and wide application and expertise of technical principles, as Immunohistochemistry, tissue-Micro-Arrays, image analysis and development work regarding tissue processing for these techniques.
- Knowledge in interpreting traditional diagnostic categories in the context of a current understanding of molecular and cellular biology is also highly desired.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as medical pathologist.
- Demonstrated capability to autonomously plan, designs, and executes projects with the support of a team in specific scientific fields Strong ability to present and communicate through critical participation in project teams.
- Scientific leadership skills and communication skills.
- Strong ability to work in a multidisciplinary & international environment.
- Ability to interact efficiently in complex environments (internal & external).
- Documented skills in oral and written English.
- Scientific rigor, enthusiasm and team spirit required.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.