- Assist in design and development of the account Android application
- Influencing peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across the account.
- Native Android app development and converting ideas, designs and requirements to concrete stable production builds
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to understand problems, come up with creative solutions, and help with tracking and delivering within the release plan
- Understand and implement Android specific design patterns
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of native Android development experience.
- Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing internet application with REST services at the backend.
- Super awesome with Android concepts like fragments, location services, Google Cloud Messaging API, UI transitions, Image processing and multi threaded communications, among others.
- Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins), application monitoring (Crashlytics and fabric.io), mocking tools (Appium and Apiary), build tool development and enhancements, using unit testing and cucumber tests for functional tests
- Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing client-side handlers for web services with REST services at the backend
- Knowledge in Android Studio and GitHub is a huge plus
- Experience with Cucumber testing framework desired
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science is desired