Senior DeveloperDXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
The Newcastle Digital Transformation Center (DTC) offers Agile Delivery to multiple Clients.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious technology lead who is always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology? If your answer is yes, you are going to fit right in with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, experienced, innovative individuals who would like to be part of our vision in helping clients transform their business.
Our technical roles offer you the chance to grow your skills and experience whilst working alongside some of the most talented people in DXC.
DescriptionSupports teams to Design, develop, and implement innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross functional initiatives.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to other team members.
- Frequently represents the organization to Account Teams
- Keeps up to date with the latest industry trends, models and standards.
- Participates as a member of and provides technical leadership to development teams.
- Wide development exposure to multiple front and back end languages and technologies
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates technical leadership and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to developers.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas.
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Supports the designs solutions for others.
- Participates in code reviews.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Independently implements end user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Microservice design (desirable).
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- 6 or more years’ experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net. Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Experience of modern programing languages such as (and not limited to) Bash script, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Java and PowerShell.
- Familiar with web security principles, such as OSI Levels 5, 6 and 7.
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, Azure, bare-metal and Virtual hosting (desirable).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles including Agile.
- Experience delivering secure and scalable microservices (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of modem software design and development methodologies & frameworks (e.g. Agile/Scrum).
- Advanced understanding of Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, TFS or equivalent using CI/CD pipelines.
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, such as taking advantage of TDD.
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g. Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins.
- Able to define quality and security standards.
- Experience of using Design Patterns.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates technical leadership skills.