MRT Field Maintenance Technician - Fountain Inn, SC
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Michelin, the World-wide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for Field Service Technicians. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in the Michelin Retread Process.
The Field Service Technician is the primary technical liaison to support our North American dealers using the Michelin Retread Process.
- Follows all Safety rules and regulations for a safe work environment
- Will make regularly scheduled visits to an assigned number of dealerships to perform maintenance, machine inspections, machine audits, training, calibration, installation and commissioning of our retread equipment
- Provide equipment troubleshooting support via the telephone, remote network connection using PLC software, and in some cases these problems may require on-site support with short notice
- Assist with developing solutions to improve equipment reliability and or performance, and document these solutions with work methods and procedures
- Responsible for implementing equipment improvements, repairs and installations at these sites, either as the primary or by managing outside contractors
- Maximizes the up time of customer production equipment through identifying problems, analyzing root causes, assisting in managing preventive/predictive maintenance programs and procedures
- Communicate results of electrical/mechanical analysis to dealership managers/owners
- Willing to travel 75-80% of the time
- Must have the ability to obtain a valid passport
- Experience with industrial applications using PLC’s, AC drives and DC drives
- Experience with the software tools necessary to support PLC’s and AC/DC drives
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Minimum of an AS degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical field and/or
- 3 yrs of industrial maintenance experience and/or
- 3 yrs of military technical experience
- Experience (preferred) in a role where Automation of electronic/electrical equipment and the maintenance of such equipment is a requirement
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases.
Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin’s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes list of “Most Diverse Place to Work” and “Best Employer for New Grads”
- Fortune list of “World Most Admired Companies”
- Voted on the top 50 Employers list by the readers of Minority Engineer magazine, Women Engineer magazine and STEM Workforce Diversity magazine.
- Top Company for Women to work for in Transportation.
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Paternity leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship