Portfolio Business:CP Kelco
CP Kelco is a leading producer of specialty ingredients which are added to improve texture, consistency, and stability in food, pharmaceutical and industrial products. Our products are derived from renewable raw materials found in nature for use in jam, fruit and milk drinks, confectionery products as well as industrial applications. We work across the whole value chain from natural raw materials to customers’ end products. CP Kelco is part of the JM Huber Corporation, one of the largest privately held, family owned companies in the United States. With approximately $2.3 billion in sales and 4,000 employees worldwide, we have a combined material presence in more than 20 countries.
At CP Kelco, we are making the difference by providing efficient ingredients that are derived from renewable raw materials found in nature. Our nature-based texturizing ingredients can be found in numerous products that are used by millions daily. Our thought leadership is clear, agile and growth minded focused on creating value for our customers, creating quality products, and solving our customer’s problems with innovative solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Food or Dairy Scientist or Engineer within the Commercial department to join our team in the EMEA Sales Technical Services (STS) labs, who will be key in solving global customer driven projects involving CP Kelco product portfolio of hydrocolloids and texturizers. The role is a hands-on lab-based position mainly focusing on protein containing applications, dairy or plant-based, low pH like yogurts and yogurt drinks both long and short-shelf life, but also other applications like fruit systems like jams, fruit prep, confectionery, as well as condiments, meat analogues and bakery - supporting the food trends of the market.
Responsibility include market-facing tasks to address customer needs, and or internal requests to develop prototypes to showcase CP Kelco offerings. Task will include involve industry-leading technical support. Technical presentations internally and externally at customers or exhibitions. Planning and execution of trials in lab or at customer facility to implement new solutions or for troubleshooting, formulation support, product performance investigation and development. Trial planning with a statistical approach, interpretation of data and a strong analytical data driven mind-set, with an inclination to understand food systems on a molecular level is critical. Projects also include evaluating, optimizing, and understanding the science and technology behind CP Kelco hydrocolloid solutions within the application and processes, to provide the desired functionalities in the finished product.
This role is based in our Lille Skensved site (Innovation center) which is close to Copenhagen, Denmark. The position implies travelling internationally for up to 15-20% (outside of a pandemic context).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong individual contributor, who will be key in solving short term, complex, customer driven projects (Technical Service Requests) especially within protein-based systems
- Design and conduct trials in lab to support customers in new development or improvement projects.
- Recognized as technical contributor within protein-based systems.
- Develop and apply knowledge to implement and/or improve tools, techniques, and work processes.
- Create, analyze, recommend new products, methods or product solutions for target application.
- Provide technical training on CP Kelco portfolio and target applications internally and externally.
- Follow market and industry trends and institutional practices of food hydrocolloids in protein systems
Specialized/Technical Knowledge or Required Skills
- PhD ideally in dairy/plant proteins/food science. 5-7 years of experience in the Food Industry
- Strong ties to Universities and academia on proteins and food science.
- Patents and publications are a plus
- Good knowledge in Rheology.
- Experimental trial design experience.
- Project Management experience and solid track record.
- Strong protein knowledge – dairy or plant (not meat though necessarily)
- Structure function knowledge – understands how the structure of proteins and carbohydrates link to function
- Financial acumen
- Excellent communication (listening & speaking) and presentation skills, fluent in English
- Value and Customer-focused, pays attention to detail, has a sense of urgency
- Pragmatic, independent, extroverted, and energetic contributor.
- Proactive, Result orientated and creative problem-solving skills
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Open-minded: open to new ideas and suggestions (either from customers or internally) and takes input seriously
- Self-motivated and the initiative to drive projects from start to finish
- Customer obsessed with a curious, optimistic, and positive mindset
- Committed to adhere to the Huber Principles and Core Values which can be found here: https://www.huber.com/about/the-huber-principles/
CP Kelco is part of the JM Huber Corporation, one of the largest privately held, family owned companies in the U.S. With approximately $2.3 billion in sales, we have a combined material presence in more than 20 countries. CP Kelco is small enough for you to be recognized and make a difference every day, and large enough for your work to have global impact in multiple industries. A reputation for high-quality products is our badge of honor. We’re proud of excellent safety record, commitment to sustainability and service to the community. Of course, we offer great benefits too.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, feel free to reach out to Paul Moinel, Global Talent Acquisition Specialist: +45 2710 5625
We look very much forward to receiving your application.
J.M. Huber Corporation is an EEO/AAP employer.