United Arab Emirates
Purpose of the position:
- To ensure Hexagon Mining Mine planning software and systems operate effectively at customer mine sites and deliver tangible value to our customers mining operations.
- To provide high value technical support for MineSight software worldwide
Major area of Responsibilities
- To provide masterful troubleshooting in order to deliver solutions and answers to clients in the most timely and accurate fashion for MineSight software worldwide.
- Adhere to the schedule to support clients ensuring that you are where you are supposed to be so that clients are not left waiting for answers or on hold.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the technical support team to serve as primary customer contact for support and enhancements when appropriate.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for customer issues, seeing them through to resolution or escalation as required.
- To participate in On-Call (after hours) support activities.
- To follow the Technical Support team processes, making recommendations for improvements to processes where appropriate to increase the efficiency of the team.
- Providing technical leadership in areas of expertise, cross skilling with other project team members to ensure transfer of knowledge and ample coverage of required duties.
- Providing FAQ’s and self-service video’s as required.
- Utilizing relationships developed with customers and other contacts to advise sales team of potential issues affecting customers as well as other services opportunities for Hexagon Mining.
- Provide highly effective documentation to the Product Development team and assist in capturing and identifying information about software issues (defects) and requests for enhancements(RFE’s).
- Maintain, enhance and adhere to Hexagon Mining case documentation and reporting standards, systems and processes
- The position includes the opportunity to provide client training and project assists where the need and skill set matches. The expectation is that you participate when travel is required, inter country and out of country.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer operational and software application knowledge
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
- Ability to form strong relationships with customers and represent the company professionally
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to set and meet team and individual goals and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work autonomously or part of a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to rapidly grasp technical solutions, concepts and products
- Ability to see where systems and / or processes can be improved to benefit the end user
- Desire to proactively expand own knowledge and skill set as well as sharing knowledge with other team members wherever possible
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Education and Experience Required
- Experience working in a mine (preferred)
- Bachelors in Mining engineering or Geology (preferred)
- Experience with operations and/ or blasting mining projects (prefererred)
- Experience / solid working knowedge with MineSight software package
- Experience in a technical support environment
- Previous consulting experience is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database and Python Programming Language
- An excellent communicator, verbal and written (English) communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing ticket queues and reporting in ticket management systems
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Travel (local, national and international) will be a requirement of this role to deliver services to clients at client sites.
- Valid Drivers License and passport or Visa (if appropriate) required
Engineering/Research and Development