ArchitectBangalore, Karnataka, India
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Save save Architect to job cart
- Job number 1058507
- Date posted Jun 10, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft Consulting Services’ (MCS) mission is to lead and serve Microsoft’s customers and partners as they realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services. MCS and its partners bring the deepest expertise of Microsoft solutions—from enterprise planning to deployment and support—that helps our customers innovate to strategic advantage in their respective industries. As a way to accelerate the value provided by the solutions conceptualized, built and delivered by MCS, we are using an approach to build solutions along product centric engineering practices. To augment the current delivery team, within MCS, we are hiring Product Owners, Product Managers, and full-stack engineers that design, build, and operate cloud based products in collaboration with our customers. This team is outcome-focused, product-centric, outside-in user experience driven, and squad based, meaning that squads and product units stay together across customer assignments. These high performing product squads and consulting product units have industry focus (for example Finance-Underwriting), or technology focus (for example medical imaging, machine learning classification), or both.
ResponsibilitiesAs a CPM Product Owner in the IGD product-centric practice, you will be responsible for defining WHAT the product is (as opposed to the HOW it is built), and maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the feature teams. The Product Owner is responsible for aligning the priorities of the team with the desired outcomes and key results of the consulting product unit and key customer stakeholders.
- Own and drive the Product Planning rhythm
- Own Product (squad level) OKR’s and collaborate with other PO’s and PM on Product Vision aligning with top level vision and top level OKR’s
- Defining and managing the Product Backlog (epics, features, and defining user stories)
- Driving Experimentation - Working with UX Designer on Prototypes and User Research
- Working with end users and subject matter experts to communicate define feature design
- Collaborate with the Customer Business Owner to align on priorities and to ensure value delivery to end users
- Works with the Business to Accept User Stories
- Manage Stakeholder expectations in Product Council, within and across Consulting Product Units, and directly with customers stakeholders and executives.
- May need to travel as required (estimate: 20%)
- 8+ years’ experience in the software industry
- Significant experience managing communications with senior executives.
- Experience as a technical program manager in a product company
Or Experience working in consulting based large agile delivery teams developing complex solution development
- Strong desire to learn and grow in Consulting Product Management
- Self-identify as a technical program manager with a passion for cloud technologies
- Be very comfortable communicating with senior Executives and decision makers.
- Be passionate about creating customer value and accelerate value delivery
- Have a proven track record of collaborating across organizations in your company
- Be comfortable with common Machine Learning concepts, frameworks and libraries.
- Have demonstratable experience working in Product teams, inside or outside of Microsoft.
- Have experience working in geographically dispersed teams.
- Familiarity with manufacturing / retail / healthcare / financial services industry preferred
- An MBA degree or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Architect to job cart