We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply...
Research Data ManagerKantar Public
London, MillbankWe are looking to recruit a Research Data Manager to join our Large Surveys and Longitudinal Studies Team. This is the team within Kantar Public which works on some our largest, most complex studies for government and academia, including the Crime Survey for England and Wales, Understanding Society, the Longitudinal Survey of Young People in England, and the Community Life Survey. We also work on a broad range of smaller and mid-range ad hoc research projects covering a variety of policy areas including science, transport, pensions and personal finance, and energy.
This role involves being a key member of several different project teams to help understand and plan the data requirements of our clients, take responsibility for the management and quality assurance of large and complex datasets and other data deliverables, and ensure we deliver high quality, error free data to our clients every time. You will be a recognised point of expertise within the team, across the wider Division, and for our clients when it comes to data and data deliverables. As well as providing excellent quality assurance and being up to speed with the latest data protection legislation as it affects our work, you will also be looking to move our data offer forward through continuous improvement and innovation: seeking out how to do things better or faster so we can be more efficient and deliver a better service to our clients. Through providing advice, training and coaching you will also help to raise the level of data skills within the team by promoting best practice and encouraging a quality ethos.
Although focused on data you will be an integral part of the project team and so having a sound understanding of all aspect of the survey research process and a genuine interest in social and public policy will be important.
- Oversee the management of all data aspects of projects from specification and timetabling of data deliverables, quality assurance, data documentation and data security.
- Take responsibility for defining the quality assurance checks for all data deliverables, oversee other members of the team in checking data outputs, and sign off outputs before delivery to the client.
- Work closely with colleagues in Operations including scripting, data processing, and coding to ensure end-to-end quality assurance of all data outputs;
- Work with the Sampling Team to manage sample files on projects and with the Methods Team on tasks such as weighting, confidence intervals and significance testing.
- Seek to innovate our data management and quality assurance processes through making processes and systems more efficient by, for example, the use of automation or asking ‘is there a better way’
- Coach and supervise junior members of the team to develop data management and technical skills; ensure best practice is followed through involvement in project reviews to identify and embed learning on future projects.
- Be a direct contact for clients to help them formulate their data requirements, respond to data queries and manage their expectations, as well as providing consultancy and advice as required.
- Have a good working knowledge of both SPSS and Excel are important, including being able to write SPSS syntax, carry out basic analysis within SPSS, manage and manipulate SPSS data files. use VBA macros. Being able to use VBA macros in Excel would be useful, as would knowledge of other statistical packages (e.g. STATA).
- Have a good knowledge of current data protection legislation, and assist project teams to deal with GDPR requirements (e.g. completing Data Protection Impact Assessments, maintaining Data Project Inventories, ensuring procedures relating to data minimisation and data retention and deletion are followed).
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health and well being is taken into consideration.
We want to create a more diverse community to expand our talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking and better commercial outcomes.
Location London, MillbankUnited Kingdom
Kantar Rewards StatementAt Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.