We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply...
Research Manager (Quantitative – Public Voice)Kantar Public - Skale 60
We are looking for a talented Research Manager for our Public Division primarily to manage projects going through our new Public Voice panel. Public Voice is Kantar’s proprietary panel that allows online surveying of a probability sample of the UK general public. The panel has been designed specifically for research that has social value, or that otherwise requires a gold-standard evidence base that is able to withstand close scrutiny. Recent clients have included DCMS, HMRC, Defra, the Health Foundation, GambleAware, LSE, Pew Research, Heriot-Watt University, and the European Commission.
With the expansion of the panel and the increasing frequency of surveys, we are now looking for a full-time survey manager to ensure routine, high quality delivery to clients that appreciate the value of what Public Voice offers and expect a tailored service. You will join an existing delivery team, reporting to a Senior Director working part-time on the project, and supported by a team of research executives. In addition, you will work with the development team, based in our Research Methods unit and integrated into the wider Public Voice initiative (in Europe and Africa).
The roleThe role will involve:
- Working with clients throughout the lifetime of each project from set up to delivery
- Questionnaire review and development
- General sales and marketing activity
- Capacity management and scheduling
- Pricing and financial administration
- Script management and testing
- Fieldwork management and reporting
- Data processing (SPSS and tables production)
- Finalising technical publications (working with the development team)
In general, at least one or two surveys are carried out each month and these surveys may include modules from multiple clients. We would expect the Public Voice survey manager to be the principal point of contact for clients and a capable project manager, used to sharp deadlines and overseeing the work of the more junior researchers in the team. Alongside this, it is critical that you have applied knowledge of questionnaire design theory and can work with clients and other research teams within the business to refine question modules within very tight timescales. Non-questionnaire data collection (via apps or other tools) is also likely to feature in the near future.
Who are we looking for?Our team has an absolute commitment to the highest quality research, project management and client handling; to delivering bespoke research solutions that are truly tailored to client needs; and to working collaboratively to deliver the best work possible whilst having fun doing it.
The successful candidate will need to be confident in managing (with support, as appropriate) large-scale research projects, in handling multiple demands and working to deadlines, and in working with clients to ensure successful project delivery.
There’s no one ‘right person’ for this job – but it’s more likely that you’ll enjoy us if you:
- Can manage multiple projects while maintaining full ownership of time management and project coordination
- Have great attention to detail and enjoy working with data
- Care about quality and ‘getting it right’ – leading by example and taking pride in doing great work
- Have high-level quantitative skills: you know your way around great method and survey design, SPSS data and high-quality delivery
- Are ambitious and a self-starter – wanting to be great at what you do – and excited by learning curves and being challenged
- Like being with and advising clients – from day to day issues on specific projects to more strategic opportunities to help us grow our accounts
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – preparing deliverables that are engaging, authoritative and insightful
- Are interested in social research – ideally, with some great experience to back up your interest, but certainly a willingness to further develop expertise
- Are a real team player – interested in working with others to do great things and eager to learn from others in the team and support junior staff in their development journey
Location London, MillbankUnited Kingdom
Kantar Rewards StatementAt Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.