Designer 2Redmond, Washington, United States
- Redmond, Washington, United States
Save save Designer 2 to job cart
- Job number 1106694
- Date posted Sep 10, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
Our engineering team is focused on improving the productivity of CSCP operations teams by optimizing and automating the delivery of the physical infrastructure powering the cloud. We’re looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated designer to help transform how Microsoft delivers cloud computing resources around the world. We operate at the center of Microsoft’s business transformation to ensure capacity is available when and where it is needed. We work with multiple engineering and business teams to connect data and systems that enable critical business decision-making.
If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is managed and operated globally, are skilled in data visualization and information architecture, are gifted at telling stories through compelling UX design, and are self-driven with excellent cross team collaboration skills, this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for.
- Partner with a cross-functional team in a collaborative design process
- Design studies that examine behaviors, attitudes, and latent needs of cloud workforce
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as usability studies, contextual inquiries, interviews, and surveys
- Generate actionable insights that both explore potential engineering opportunities and evaluate existing experiences
- Synthesize insights, communicate results, and illustrate recommendations in compelling ways and/or design deliverables that measurably improve the use of technologies at workplace
- Be a user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Interaction Design, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in applied research
- 3+ years of hands-on interaction design and user research experience across the entire product development cycle
- Knowledge in statistics and experimental design
- Solid portfolio demonstrating an understanding of interaction design and information architecture
- Ability to derive design decisions based on insights from primary or secondary research
- Ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges with an eye toward usability
- Working knowledge of user mental models, task-flow/state-transition diagrams, storyboarding, wire framing, creating design specifications and guidelines
- Prior experience conducting primary user research or running usability tests
- Experience designing for enterprise products.
- Proficiency in professional design tools (e.g. Figma)
- Excellent user-centered design practices
- Good communication and cross team collaboration skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Designer 2 to job cart