Senior Visual DesignerAtlanta, Georgia, United States
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Save save Senior Visual Designer to job cart
- Job number 1106865
- Date posted Jul 22, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Here at Microsoft, we want to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
We need extraordinary colleagues to help us achieve our goals. We're looking for a seasoned Senior Visual Designer who's excited about making creative, empowering, and inclusive templateexperiences for small business customers and consumers. You will design, craft, and curate designs and content so it’s easy and fun for anyone to create something amazing, whether it’s for work, home, or personal.
On the Marvel Creative team, we apply depth of talent in user experience, visual design, video production, and motion design to deliver the highest quality customer experiences through creativity, empathy, innovation, and vision. As a Senior Visual Designer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a fun group of passionate creatives, program managers, content writers, and developers working on the next generation of Microsoft 365 experiences. You should have the ability to envision and scope new solutions, and advocate on behalf of customers as part of multidisciplinary product teams.
- Create visual solutions that harmonize functionaldesign with emotional design, and reflectusability, accessibility, brand, graphic design, and human-centered principles.
- Articulate an understanding of customer experiences and the rationale behind them to inform content planning for the template catalog.
- Plan, curate and art direct a design system of templates and visual assets.
- Define or extend visual design systems to create a holistic and detailed approach to typography, color, patterns, layouts, imagery, and more.
- Rapidly visualize concepts for new and updated content experiences.
- Translate conceptual ideas into high-fidelity templates using application-specific tools for engineering implementation.
- Become an expert in Microsoft brand principles, guidelines, and product design language.
- Become an expert in designing templates for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Develop style guidelines, specs, patterns, or other deliverables to document the essential elements of a design solution for development or future use.
- With an obsessive eye for detail, work with PM and Engineering to ensure quality fit and finish for product releases.
- Portfolio demonstrating excellence in visual communication, creativity, and compelling storytelling.
- Experience designing digital content for web and mobile experiences.
- Experience art directing and leading complex design projects.
- Experience with template design, brand kits,or visual design systems.
- Experience in planning and delivering work independently in a collaborative, multi-discipline team.
- 8+ years of professional visualdesign experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Senior Visual Designer to job cart