Sr. Finance ManagerRedmond, Washington, United States
- Redmond, Washington, United States
Save save Sr. Finance Manager to job cart
- Job number 1103304
- Date posted Jul 22, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Finance
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully.
The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build out end to end Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments, safeguarding shareholder interest.
ResponsibilitiesOur team provides financial oversight to inform Microsoft’s global portfolio decisions (SKU, system integrator etc.); enable end to end cloud infrastructure planning and strategy; ensure supply chain operations are at optimal levels to name a few things!
We are looking for a finance manager who will work closely with leaders in engineering, supply planning and supply chain execution to deeply understand, scale and manage the design and cost structure of bandwidth and networking infrastructure to enable cloud applications. This is a rare finance opportunity to gain broad visibility into the operational and business aspects of Microsoft’s cloud business and contribute towards its success.
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver insightful financial and business analysis, highlight business issues and drive financial discipline across the organization
- Identify areas of efficiencies, drive business case development and analysis to ensure optimal return on investment
- Outline and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success and drive accountability across business partners
- Drive and provide financial support in monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews within finance and with business partners
- Own financial deliverables associated with month-end close, forecasting, annual planning and financial reviews with business partners
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data
Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis,
accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
▪ OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance,
Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate
financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
▪ OR equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking & financial modeling skills
- Proven leadership skills, with demonstrated results in proactively driving and delivering high-value projects both as an individual and through v-teams
- Comfort working at multiple altitudes, from strategic-level projects to detailed cost analysis
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence others without direct authority
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at a hyper pace
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Effective communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience in supply chain, capacity planning and/or cloud infrastructure related field a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Sr. Finance Manager to job cart